Before he joined Beijing Tsinghua Tongheng Urban Planning & Design Institute (THUPDI) as deputy director of the newly formed Technology Innovation Center, Dr. Dong LI has spent seven years as a senior engineer in China Academy of Urban Planning & Design (CAUPD). His research focuses on planning projects of environment, infrastructure and disaster prevention on urban and regional level. In recent years, he adopted the trend of data-driven planning, testing new data and tools for various issues in cities. He argues a progressive transition from the traditional static paradigm towards a more dynamic and connected one.
Fields of interest:
Ecological and environmental Planning; spatial analysis
B.S. (Tsinghua Univ.); PhD (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
· Li Dong and Long Ying (2015). A Crowd-Sourced Data Based Analytical Framework for Urban Planning. China City Planning Review. 24 (1), pp. 49 - 57.
· Dong Li (forthcoming). Analyzing holiday tourism with Volunteered Geographic Information (VGI) in China: distribution, mobility and semantics. Cartography and Geographic Information Science.
· Xingjian Liu, Yan Song, Kang Wu, Jianghao Wang, Dong Li, Ying Long (2015). Understanding urban China with open data. J. Cities. (Article in Press)
· Li Dong (2014). Urban Planning and LBS weibo. Beijing: Tsinghua Univ.
· Li Dong (2015). Research Framework of cities based on VGI. Shanghai: Tongji Univ.
· NSFC 51378475: urban ecological space and impacts on rain run-off.
· CMA GYHY201106032-01: Climate Feasibility study on urban planning.
· ADB TA ADTA NO.7839 PRC: urban stormwater management and flood prevention.
· EU FP7 FP7-ENV-2009-1 244047: Collaborative Research on Flood Resilience in Urban Areas, CORFU.
· Personal portfolio containing more than 30 planning projects at various scales, focus on sustainability and methodologies improving.